Welcome to The Museum of Craft and Design!
We can’t wait for you to experience MOTO MMXX! All visitors must have a time-ticket.
We are committed to ensuring the health and well-being of our museum visitors and staff. Your health and safety are our top priorities and we are following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and San Francisco. Please review our visitor guidelines and regulations below to help you before you arrive. MCD has moved to timed ticketing admission, please make sure to plan ahead for your visit. View MCD’s health and safety plan.
- Admission for MOTO MMXX is timed entry only.
- All visitors will need a ticket, even those receiving free admission.
- Timed admission tickets for MCD Members, children 12+ under, EBT holders, active-duty military personnel, first-responders, and members of NARM and ROAM are $0.
- If capacity is not reached for that hour, walk-ins may be admitted.
- 10:00 AM–10:45 AM tickets are reserved for visitors who are of high-risk during Covid-19.
- Please select your arrival time when purchasing your ticket and try to keep your visit to your allotted time.
GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS AND STAFF
- All visitors over two years old and staff members must wear a mask while inside the museum. This includes inside the MCD store and galleries. If you do not have a mask, there are masks available at the front desk.
- Please always maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet away from people not in your ticketed group.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance of the museum and handwashing stations are located in front of the bathrooms.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- MCD will be limiting visitor capacity to 25% at all times.
- Signage has been installed to encourage distancing and traffic flow.
- Hand-sanitizer units will be available throughout the museum.
- Coat check is self-serve and located to the left of the restrooms.
- Bag check is currently closed. Bags larger than 11″x15″ are not permitted in the galleries.
- MCD has enhanced its cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
If you are part of an immunocompromised high-risk group, are in need of other accommodations, or have additional questions, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
MCD Members are always free and will have first access to reserve timed-tickets for MOTO MMXX. If you are a member and didn’t receive an e-mail for early access, want to confirm the status of your membership, join, or renew, contact us at email@example.com.
Museum members: Free
General admission: $10.00
Students with ID: $8.00
Seniors (65 and older): $8.00
Children (through age 12): Free
North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) member and a Blue Star Museum.
*MCD offers free admission to our nation’s active-duty military personnel (including National Guard), first responders, and their families.
Wednesday–Saturday: 10:00 AM–5:00 PM | Sunday: 12:00 PM–5:00 PM | Closed Monday and Tuesday
10:00 AM–10:45 AM daily, is reserved for visitors who are of high-risk during Covid-19
Special Holiday Hours:
Upcoming Holiday Hours:
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, November 26
- Friday, November 27: 10:00 AM–3:00 PM | Administrative offices are closed
- Thursday, December 24: 10:00 AM–3:00 PM | Administrative offices are closed
- Closed Christmas Day, December 25; New Year’s Eve, December 31; and New Year’s Day, January 1
MCD is closed on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
The Museum of Craft and Design is located at 2569 Third Street (between 22nd and 23rd), in the historic American Industrial Center in San Francisco’s vibrant Dogpatch neighborhood.
The T Third Muni Metro and the 48 bus stop are within one block of the Museum.
Please double check all current bus and transit schedules.
Temporary directions for those coming from the East Bay or within San Francisco:
From Embarcadero Station, exit at Market/Spear streets out of BART onto the street. Once at Market/Spear, turn the corner to take the T Inbound shuttle that is replacing the T Sunnydale streetcar at this time during the construction at UCSF/Mission Bay stops through March. Once on the shuttle, stop at 23rd Street station, and walk to 2569 Third Street.
Finding street parking in the neighborhoods and industrial areas around the Museum can sometimes be a challenge. There is a paid lot at 20th Street and Illinois Street.
Plan your next trip to MCD with National Charter Bus San Francisco.