The Museum of Craft and Design is open to the public with two brand new exhibitions, Design by Time and Encoded Holidays: Gary Hutton x Tom Bonauro.
You can also engage with us virtually through our MCD@Home’s creative art-making projects, and online exhibitions Imagining Data and Design by Distance. Enjoy online shopping at MCD’s Museum Store and support the museum, local artists, and makers.
- All visitors need a daily admission ticket, even those receiving free admission.
- Tickets may be purchased at the front desk or online up to 60 days in advance. Reserving tickets online is not required, but encouraged.
- Admission tickets for MCD Members, children 12+ under, EBT holders, active-duty military personnel, first-responders, and members of NARM and ROAM are $0.
GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS AND STAFF
- All visitors over two years old and staff members must wear a mask while inside the museum. This includes inside the MCD store and galleries. If you do not have a mask, there are masks available at the front desk.
- Please always maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet away from people not in your ticketed group.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance of the museum and handwashing stations are located in front of the bathrooms.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Signage has been installed to encourage distancing and traffic flow.
- Hand-sanitizer units will be available throughout the museum.
- Coat check is self-serve and located to the left of the restrooms.
- Bag check is currently closed. Bags larger than 11″x15″ are not permitted in the galleries.
- MCD has enhanced its cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
If you are part of an immunocompromised high-risk group, are in need of other accommodations, or have additional questions, please contact us email@example.com.
MCD Members are always free and have first access to reserve daily admission tickets for MCD exhibitions and events. If you are a member and want to confirm the status of your membership, join, or renew, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum members: Free
General admission: $10.00
Students with ID: $8.00
Seniors (65 and older): $8.00
Children (through age 12): Free
North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) member and a Blue Star Museum.
*MCD offers free admission to our nation’s active-duty military personnel (including National Guard), first responders, and their families.
Wednesday–Saturday: 10:00 AM–5:00 PM | Sunday: 12:00 PM–5:00 PM | Closed Monday and Tuesday
MCD is closed on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
The Museum of Craft and Design is located at 2569 Third Street (between 22nd and 23rd), in the historic American Industrial Center in San Francisco’s vibrant Dogpatch neighborhood.
The T Third Muni Metro and the 48 bus stop are within one block of the Museum.
Please double check all current bus and transit schedules.
Temporary directions for those coming from the East Bay or within San Francisco:
From Embarcadero Station, exit at Market/Spear streets out of BART onto the street. Once at Market/Spear, turn the corner to take the T Inbound shuttle that is replacing the T Sunnydale streetcar at this time during the construction at UCSF/Mission Bay stops through March. Once on the shuttle, stop at 23rd Street station, and walk to 2569 Third Street.
Finding street parking in the neighborhoods and industrial areas around the Museum can sometimes be a challenge. There is a paid lot at 20th Street and Illinois Street.
Plan your next trip to MCD with National Charter Bus San Francisco.