Despite these unprecedented times, the Museum of Craft and Design aims to continually question the conventional notion of art while making creativity accessible to everyone. In lieu of regularly scheduled workshops and events, MCD is launching MCD@Home.
We are partnering with artists and community collaborators to create new content for at-home projects based on the themes, concepts, and materials found within the museum’s signature programs and exhibitions.
Check back often for new additions to our MCD@Home library as we fill it with something for everyone to enjoy.
Subscribe to MCD’s mailing list and follow us on social media to stay up to date on all MCD@Home projects.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND CLASSES FROM OUR CULTURAL PARTNERS
- WorkshopSF offers affordable DIY classes for adults, taught by awesome local teachers, makers, artists, foodies, and DIY’ers.
- All episodes of the Peabody Award-winning series Craft in America are streaming free, spanning over a decade of craft.
- Check out the full lineup of the 2020 In/Visible Talks speakers with these videos celebrating the art of design and creativity.
- Engineer your innovations for the future with Autodesk TinkerCad, a free 3D modeling app for all ages.
- Check out these Animal Webcams to connect with the fauna of the California Academy of Sciences.
- Keep little ones on a schedule with downloadable flashcards from Moon Picnic. Additional products available in the MCD Store.
- View Maker Camp videos and live streams for MAKE: Magazine.
- The Smithsonian Earth Optimism Summit will now be taking place digitally on April 22-25. Speakers include museum luminary Lonnie Bunch.
- Access digital resources and online learning from Smithsonian Magazine.